In 1905 The Green Family gave their land on Green and Millstone Hills to the City of Worcester “in perpetuity for the health and enjoyment of all its citizens.”

In its first 100 years, the construction of an armory, a golf course, an interstate, and a high school has significantly reduced the size of Green Hill Park.

In its second century, the Green Hill Park Coalition is dedicated to protecting and enhancing the remaining acreage of Green Hill Park, the “Crown Jewel” of Worcester’s Parks.

Please see the document below for a more detailed history of the park as provided by the City of Worcester.

GHP City History